As the number of missing children rises each year, parents have become more protective of their family members and found GPS tracking solutions can help keep children or other members of the family safe. Child tracking systems help assist parents in securing life’s most valuable and precious assets. GPS tracking and monitoring systems designed specifically for child tracking will provide parents the assurance that their child’s location can be accessed at anytime day or night.
Nigeria, officially the Federal Republic of Nigeria, is located in West Africa and is the most populous country in Africa and the seventh most populous country in the world. Sadly, the number of missing persons in Nigeria is bloodcurdling every year. The number of missing persons in Lagos State alone runs into hundreds weekly. Police stations are daily inundated with reports of missing persons. 95% percent of such persons are never found. The case is the same in different parts of the country. People go missing every day and are never found. The victims are mostly men and women who had the misfortune of entering public transportation systems especially commuter buses and taxis. The ritual killings business is very old in Nigeria. People apprehend fellows, kill them and use certain parts for human sacrifices. There is a superstitious belief among these vampires that certain human parts like eyes, breast, or even private parts of the human body, serve some human advancement purposes. They believe that the use of human beings for rituals confers some political, economic and security advantages.
ST L, one of the biggest companies which focuses on the security system for people in West Africa, was funded and authorized by the local government to come up with a solution to this growing problem. In order to choose a powerful child GPS tracker supplier for this project, ST L selected 5 leading GPS tracker manufacturers based in China and 3 companies in Europe.
After rigorous analysis of these 8 companies, Meitrack was chosen as the only GPS tracker supplier due to the special design of the Child GPS tracker it manufactures, GPS tracking software it offers and strong technical background in the industry.
The MT90 child GPS tracker is their preferred device as it offers the following features:
- MT90 supports both online and mobile real time tracking that enables the user to obtain location information in real time.
- MT90 has a SOS button, listen-in and two-way audio functions which help ensure communication when an emergency arises.
- You can also set Geo-fences to ensure you are alerted when a person leaves or enters a predetermined location on a map.
- The waterproof feature can give you assurance that the device will work normal even when splashed with water.
- MT90 provides free tracking software that enables the user to do online real time tracking , send commands, check alerts, or even show a history of any driven routes in Google Maps which helps ensures the person or child’s safety.
After two years of cooperation and an established business partnership with Meitrack, ST L has been able to lower the number of missing children in the country. Although the number of missing people is decreasing year over year, ST L has been able to improve the quality and security of life in Nigeria.
Meitrack will continue the efforts to provide safety and security to the families who could benefit from having real-time access of their children, elderly people or loved ones using technology it helped pioneer.